Topic: Re: Automatic Mathematica Updates?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Jun 25, 2013 2:52 AM

Roland Franzius

Am 22.06.2013 09:28, schrieb djmpark:
> Is such an automatic update possible? If so, are there some settings that
> are necessary? Is "local install with license server" any different than
> regular user installation?
>

> David Park
> djmpark@comcast.net
> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/index.html
>

> From: Roland Franzius [mailto:roland.franzius@uos.de]
>

> Remains to be noted that suddenly today in the morning my Mathematica 8
> (local install with license server) seems to have been updated over the
> internet with respect to this integral.

Of course, if you have activated internet access and automatic updates
in the preferences tab/Access to Internet/Wolfram Alpha.

Test:

It is working even on sundays (23.6, 4.00 UTC)
and now we get a reasonable result in an acceptable time.

In[21]:=
Timing[ Integrate[
Sin[x/2]^2/x^2/(x^2 - 4 \[Pi]^2)/(x^2 +
b^2)^2, {x, -\[Infinity], \[Infinity]}, Assumptions -> b > 0]]

Out[21]= {32.074, -((
b^5 + 2 b^2 (-5 + 4 b) \[Pi]^2 + 8 (-3 + 2 b) \[Pi]^4 +
2 E^-b \[Pi]^2 (b^2 (5 + b) + 4 (3 + b) \[Pi]^2))/(
8 b^5 \[Pi] (b^2 + 4 \[Pi]^2)^2))}

--

Roland Franzius