Topic: Prob that event A occurs before B...
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 25, 2013 5:06 AM

Paul

Re: Prob that event A occurs before B...

On Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:22:38 PM UTC+1, Peter Percival wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>

> > Surely, it's excellent advice to translate a continuous problem into a discrete problem and then solve the discrete problem.
>

> It's advice, but it may not be excellent. If one can solve a continuous
>
> problem by sticking to the continuous, why not do so?

Yes indeed. _IFFFFFFF_ one can solve a continuous problem by sticking to the continuous, one should do so. However, the OP was presumably initially unable to do so because he posted here, asking for help!

Then, when I tried to help, he responded to my help in an insulting manner.

Paul