Topic: surface area of pdedemo3
Replies: 5   Last Post: Jul 2, 2013 4:16 PM

Steven Finch

Re: surface area of pdedemo3

Here is more detail. If I append the existing Matlab PDE demo with the commands:

[ux,uy]=pdegrad(p,t,u);
pi*mean(sqrt(1+ux.^2+uy.^2))

a coarse estimate 3.8042 of the surface area is obtained. What steps can be taken to refine this numerical result? Explicit code would be helpful to me. Thank you!