Topic: Making Matrices Equal?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Jul 2, 2013 3:04 PM

Mike Terry

Re: Making Matrices Equal?

"Dimonax" <phathax0r@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Since this is a basic level Algebra question...I'll keep it short and
simple.

> Obviously we cant add/sub/multiply etc... matrices of differing

dimensions. However...are there operations defined that allow us to
transform these matrices into matrices of equal dimensions?

> Seems like in all the discussions I've read about them, nobody has ever

addressed this question. Tips? Pointers?

> Thanks.
>
> Dimonax

Any matrix may be multiplied by its transponse and the result will be a
square matrix. Depending on the order of multiplication the size of the
square matrix will match either the row or column count for the original
matrix.

Not sure if this is useful/meaningful in your context!

Mike.