Topic: kernel is shutdown without an error message.
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 3, 2013 4:52 AM

Joseph Gwinn

Re: kernel is shutdown without an error message.

In article <kqtl11$asi$1@smc.vnet.net>, Changhyoup Lee
<changdolli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using mathematica 9 in iMac.
> During evaluation with numerical calcuations, the kernel is shutdown without
> an error message.
> I couldn't find why. The amount of free memory in my iMac is okay. What's
> wrong?
>
> For the same program that I like to run, sometimes it works but sometimes the
> kernel is shutdown during the evaluation. I don't know why. what can I do to
> fix such a problem or prevent in advance?

Look in the MacOS console log. There will be traces of a death
struggle, and there may be a clue there. Use Google to find out how to
find the logs.

Joe Gwinn