Topic: high speed synchronized data acquisition, session based
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jul 30, 2013 7:08 PM

Eric Keller

Re: high speed synchronized data acquisition, session based

"Adam Yannopoulos" <ayannopo@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kt6bn1$99b$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi Eric,
>
> Without knowing anything further, it sounds as though you've not set the
> session rate (you can set the 'Rate' property to lie within the limits
> described by the 'RateLimit' property).

Sorry, I didn't notice anyone had responded to this topic.

Apparently I wasn't emphatic enough in saying that I had determined the problem to be the session rate, which fixed my problem. Here is my (working) code:
channels = session.addAnalogInputChannel(dev,chanlist,'Voltage');
session.addTriggerConnection('External',trigchan,'StartTrigger');
session.addClockConnection('External',clockchan,'ScanClock');
session.IsContinuous = true;
session.Rate = session.RateLimit(2);
setting the session.Rate to the rate limit might not be the best choice, best to consult the device documentation. RateLimit changes depending on the number of input channels

I assume this is a problem for any acquisition with an external clock or trigger
I put in a service request against the docs, which do not mention that session.Rate has this effect.