Topic: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Replies: 24   Last Post: Jul 27, 2013 12:38 PM

apoorv

Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 9:20:10 AM UTC+5:30, fom wrote:
> On 7/19/2013 10:36 PM, apoorv wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 7:29:30 AM UTC+5:30, fom wrote:
>

> >> Anyway, I hope you find the links informative (don't go
>

> >> crazy trying to piece them together). I also hope that
>

> >> someone else can give a better answer to your question
>

> >> than I have attempted
>

> > Sometimes I find the thread going cold with me not really getting a clear answer to
>
> > The issues raised.
>
> > Quite sometime back I had asked these two questions
>
> > What is the godel number of the self referential sentence in godels theorem?
>
> > And, if Sub( q,q,y) says that y is the godel number of the formula "q", with q substituted for the free variable,then the godel number of sub(q,q,y) would always be bigger than the godel number of q.. So how do we get equality for the self referential sentence?
>
> > The thread died thereafter.
>

> There are those who are better than
>
> I on Goedel's theorem and its consequences.
>

> Good luck.
>

> As I recall, the post in which I wrote
>
> those statements had asked about the
>
> assignment of meaning....

I know; i was on threads dying out. Godels theorem gives a specific self referential sentence.
And all I wanted to know is what is its number per the coding used by him. But that is not to be
Found anywhere ,not in texts, not on the net, and not in this group. So I guess my question
Is Ilframed, maybe it is some uncomputable number, but no one says that also.
So my confusion remains, not that I mentioned all this in the hope of getting some response.
-Apoorv

Date Subject Author
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Aatu Koskensilta
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
David C. Ullrich
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Sandy
7/10/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/12/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/15/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/16/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/19/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
Peter Percival
7/20/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/21/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/22/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
fom
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/23/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/24/13
Read Re: Ordinals describable by a finite string of symbols
apoorv
7/27/13