Topic: Module 1's are out!
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jul 30, 2013 6:06 AM

GPJ

From: Broome County
Registered: 10/3/11
Re: Module 1's are out!

As I'm working through Topic A at the conference I want share with you some relevant statements I heard, I also added my take on that topic:

The lead writer of the algebra module says Topic A eases them into functions, you are not teaching quadratics, piece wise, and exponential functions thoroughly, just giving them a feel for them through a variety of techniques. The main purpose is to bring them slowly out of the linear world they lived in Gr 6-8.

Districts have the choice to adopt, adapt, or ignore the modules. I can only speak to what I've seen, but the progression of topics was well thought out in the the PK-5 modules, I see the same thoughtful sequence in the topics but everyone has to use their own professional judgement with the materials provided. There is a logical progression I see in what they are doing and it matches the way constructions are done first in Geometry.

~Gene Jordan

*