Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:19:26 AM UTC-4, Albert Rich wrote:
> On Monday, July 15, 2013 9:36:04 AM UTC-10, da...@axiom-developer.org wrote:
>

> > In order to ensure that the answers of the integration differ by no
>
> > more than a constant I've been differencing the expected answer from
>
> > the Axiom answer and then taking the derivative.
>

> > One curious pattern is that your answers differ from Axiom's answers
>
> > by non-zero constants. [...]
>

> The first sentence above correctly asserts that it is ok for antiderivatives to differ by a constant. Yet, the second sentence finds it surprising that they do differ. So what is the problem?
>

> Albert

suppose
t0:= expression
r0:= expected result
a0:= integrate(t0,x)
m0:= a0 - r0
d0:= differentiate(m0,x)

m0 is the difference between Axiom's result and the expected result.
d0 is the derivative of m0, usually with a value of 0.

m0 often shows that Axiom's result and the expected result differ
and the derivative result of 0 shows that this is just a constant.

When I look at the reason for the constant difference it seems to be
related to the trig identities we chose. What system did you use to
create the expected results?

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org