Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

daly@axiom-developer.org

On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:00:13 AM UTC-4, da...@axiom-developer.org wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:19:26 AM UTC-4, Albert Rich wrote:
>

> > On Monday, July 15, 2013 9:36:04 AM UTC-10, da...@axiom-developer.org wrote:
>

> > > In order to ensure that the answers of the integration differ by no
>

> > > more than a constant I've been differencing the expected answer from
>

> > > the Axiom answer and then taking the derivative.
>

> > > One curious pattern is that your answers differ from Axiom's answers
>

> > > by non-zero constants. [...]
>

> > The first sentence above correctly asserts that it is ok for antiderivatives to differ by a constant. Yet, the second sentence finds it surprising that they do differ. So what is the problem?
>

> > Albert
>

> suppose
>
> t0:= expression
>
> r0:= expected result
>
> a0:= integrate(t0,x)
>
> m0:= a0 - r0
>
> d0:= differentiate(m0,x)
>

> m0 is the difference between Axiom's result and the expected result.
>
> d0 is the derivative of m0, usually with a value of 0.
>

> m0 often shows that Axiom's result and the expected result differ
>
> and the derivative result of 0 shows that this is just a constant.
>

> When I look at the reason for the constant difference it seems to be
>
> related to the trig identities we chose. What system did you use to
>
> create the expected results?

That last was just a dumb question... you used Rubi, no doubt.
What I wanted to ask was what trig substitutions you use.
Is there somewhere in the Rubi sources I should look?

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org