Replies: 42   Last Post: Jul 25, 2013 6:09 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

clicliclic@freenet.de schrieb:

> daly@axiom-developer.org schrieb:

> > Albert,
> >
> > I'm getting different answers than you for some of the problems.
> > In Axiom, if I do
> >
> > t0:=1/((1-x)^(9/2)*(1+x)^(5/2))
> > t1:=integrate(t0,x)
> > t2:=D(t1,x)
> > t3:=t0-t2
> >
> > I get 0 as a result. However, when I take the derivative of your
> > result and difference it from your initial equation I get a
> > non-constant result dependent on x.
> >
> > Perhaps you could check your answer in other systems and let me
> > know if you agree.
> >
> > I will be posting the first set of results shortly.
> >

> This integrand appears on page 1102 of rich1b.input.pdf. Its
> antiderivative
>
> - (8*x^5 - 16*x^4 - 4*x^3 + 24*x^2 - 9*x - 6)
> /(21*(1 - x)^(7/2)*(x + 1)^(3/2))
>
> is simply an algebraic function, so should be behave the same on all
> systems. Indeed your expression d000 at the bottom of page 1103
> simplifies to zero for arbitrary complex x.
>
> You are having more serious problems with the integrands on pages 994,
> 996, 998, 1000, 1004, 1008, 1017, 1019, 1020, 1021, 1022, 1107, 1109,
> and maybe elsewhere. Can FriCAS handle these (correctly) already?

The problem with the last two integrands is merely one of simplification
as for the integrand on page 1102 - I mistook these for cases of
branch-cut memory loss.

Martin.

Date Subject Author
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
Albert D. Rich
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
daly@axiom-developer.org
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
Waldek Hebisch
clicliclic@freenet.de
Nasser Abbasi
daly@axiom-developer.org
daly@axiom-developer.org
Albert D. Rich
7/14/13
Read DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration test
suite)
Richard Fateman
7/14/13
Read Re: DLMF not machine readable? (was .. An independent integration
test suite)
daly@axiom-developer.org