Topic: Using the ODE solver in a FOR loop
Replies: 11   Last Post: Jul 18, 2013 3:44 AM

Marc

Re: Using the ODE solver in a FOR loop

"Meiyour" wrote in message <ks6tsn$t8a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Thanks for your reply, which is similar to what i've actually done. However, i have two questions:
>
> 1)How do we define the initial conditions in the code?
> 2)What do the last four lines of your code do?
>
> Thanks.

You set your initial conditions at t = 0. If your doing something with temperature, what is the temperature along your x and y axis? But I imagine you already know that.

The last four lines set up your system of discretized odes. Try it. Torsten set it up very nice as far as I can tell.

As for Shampine, yes those examples may be "simpler" but for MOL and Matlab, I have not found a better introduction.

This stuff is not simple. I commend you on you perseverance.