Topic: Maximisation problem
Replies: 10   Last Post: Jul 27, 2013 6:16 AM

Paul

Re: Maximisation problem

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 12:35:32 AM UTC+1, Peter Percival wrote:
> All applied to three is ok, for two one says both.

You are correct. The 2 version of the joke goes:

Two logicians walk into a bar. The barwoman says "Do both of you want a beer?" The first logician says "I don't know." The second logician says "Yes please."

In my opinion, the 2 version of the joke is better than the 3 version. However, the 3 version was the one I read.

There's also an n version, of course. You could just give the joke as I opened the thread, without specifying n.

There is also a 1 version:
A logician walks into a bar. The barwoman says "Do you want a beer?" The logician says "Yes please."

That's a joke because it's not a joke. The joke is that the listener is looking for the joke that isn't there.

Paul Epstein