Topic: Chapt31 speed of light explained and derived purely from math #1643
Atom Totality 5th ed

Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 28, 2013 9:43 PM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

Chapt31 speed of light explained and derived purely from math #1643
Atom Totality 5th ed

Now I am not happy or satisfied with the below old posts.

Alright, in the below old post of 2010 I started a method to derive the speed of light out of pure math. And I am really not fully happy with the below, for a lot has changed since 2010 when I wrote the below. Some changes are that the magnetic monopoles compose Space of the Cosmos. Another change is that 1*10^603 is the maximum distance and 1*10^-603 is the smallest nonzero distance in the Cosmos. So I think I can and must improve on the derivation of the speed of light that was started in 2010 below.

sci.physics, sci.astro, sci.math
Apr 25, 11:28 pm
Date: Apr 26, 2010 12:28 AM
Author: plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
Subject: ...Speed of Light derived from pure math ... ATOM TOTALITY

I have now come to a realization that the derivation is a pure mathematics derivation. Just as easy as realizing that "pi" is a pure math derivation for it is circumference divided by diameter and where the units disappear in the division. So lets say you measure in meters or in centimeters or some other units, well the units disappear in the division and all that remains is a number of "pi" as 3.14....

Difference with speed of light is that we have to have units of distance/time as the end result. So we cannot make nor do we want to make the units disappear.
But this desire for units does not hinder us from deriving the speed of light out of pure math.

So looking back at my posts on this topic, where I finally concluded:

speed of light = summation of meridian strips distance / log-spiral- radius

Definition: Log-spiral radius is the 1/4 of semicircumference.

Definition: meridian strips are strips and not lines for they have a width involved and in the case of Earth in kilometers the width of the strips is a kilometer wide.

Now obviously one cannot do the speed of light for Earth sphere in parsecs/sec since that meridian strip is not amenable to such a small sphere. Likewise I cannot do km/sec on a globe in my house that is only 30 cm diameter sphere.

So the idea of the speed of light is the same as the idea of pi as a division. Only instead of dividing circumference by diameter, the speed of light is the summation of meridian strips distance divided by the log-spiral-radius.

And the idea is that a light wave wanting to travel around every meridian strip on Earth that is a km wide strip, and divided by the log-spiral-radius will take 1 second to do that traveling.

Now if given a tiny sphere, and the strips are now in millimeters, then here also, in one second, the light wave will travel through all those millimeter meridian strips.

Now given a large sphere such as that of the Sun and if we choose to have the strips in millimeters. Then the log spiral radius will be large also and have the effect of dividing out the large number in millimeter distance so that the end result is the speed of light in millimeters/sec.

So, yes, the speed of light is derived out of pure mathematics, without ever having to refer to physics. The speed of light in summary is:

summed distance of meridian strips / log-spiral-radius

It is about the breaking of symmetry of Euclidean
geometry into its two component geometries of Elliptic and Hyperbolic. The meridian strips are Elliptic and is a distance or length measure. The Log Spiral Radius comes from Hyperbolic geometry and is the measure of time.

When you divide that hyperbolic radius into the summation length of meridians is a constant in Nature, a speed of light constant. Just as "pi" is a constant in
Nature. Pi is constant in Euclidean geometry. The log spiral is constant in Elliptic geometry with equiangular. But when you have both Hyperbolic with Elliptic geometry as one geometry, the speed of light is a constant in that unioned geometry.

sci.math, sci.physics, sci.logic
Apr 14, 3:13 pm
Date: Apr 14, 2010 4:13 PM
Author: plutonium.archime...@gmail.com
Subject: deriving the speed of light, purely out of math ...

I wrote:

(snipped)

Earlier I wrote how the speed of light in physics should be derived out of pure math as that of Stripe Geometry on the surface of Earth where I take all the meridians as stripes and where the circumference of Earth is 40,000 km so all the stripes are 1 km wide and all of meridians would be 40,000 x 40,000 and the stripe that represents the Log-spiral would be 5,000, thus yielding a speed of light of 3 x 10^5 km/sec.

...For some reason, the log spiral representative of the meridians is only 1/8 of the meridian distance.

So I have in the above 40,000 x 40,000/ 5,000 = 300,000 km/sec

So I derive the speed of light purely out of mathematical geometry as that of
the meridians versus the log spiral on any sphere surface, and independent of
any units of measure as the bands or stripes removes the units.

This is what should happen in an Atom Totality, that the most important numbers of physics come from the fact the Cosmos is an Atom Totality. Such as pi is the number of subshells 22 of s,p,d,f subshells divided by the number of shells of 7; and "e" is the number of occupied subshells 19/7. So the speed of light is the number of band meridians divided by the representative log-spiral.

Now I should be able to derive from pure math, the electric charge of 1.6 x 10^-19 C.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/