Topic: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Replies: 25   Last Post: Aug 2, 2013 5:36 PM

Sam Wormley

Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??

On 7/30/13 10:23 AM, hanson wrote:
> "Sam Wormley", being upfront & center, shows his
> <http://tinyurl.com/Proof-of-Relativity>:

> hanson wrote:
> Sam, Einstein & his SR/GR is not only wrong, it is
> utterly USELESS. He recanted it already 60+ years
> ago, (that's before you were born), when
> ___ Einstein became a RELATIVITY DENIER ____
> <http://tinyurl.com/Einstein-denied-his-SR-and-GR>

> Sam FAQed & Putz-Baezed himself & wrote:
> How quickly haha forgets that there has never
> been an observation that contradicts a prediction
> of SR/GR. Not one.
> Physics FAQ: What is the experimental basis
> of Special Relativity?
> <http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/SR/experiments.html

> hanson wrote:
> Sam, your ref is as USELESS as is SR/GR because
> Prof John Baez at UCR declares & urges in his
> official, pedagogic website:
> <http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/lengths.html>
> ||Baez:|| "we fiddle around" & "forget that darn '2' "
> ||Baez:|| "we fiddle around" & "forget that darn '2' "
> ||Baez:|| "we fiddle around" & "forget that darn '2' "
> ||Baez:|| "we fiddle around" & "forget that darn '2'

> ergo Sam, Einstein & his SR/GR is not only wrong,
> it is utterly USELESS. Albert recanted it already
> 60+ years ago, when
> ___ Einstein became a RELATIVITY DENIER ____
> <http://tinyurl.com/Einstein-denied-his-SR-and-GR>
>
> Only Einstein Dingleberries, like you here, Sam,
> who worship Albert's sphincter carry on to proselytize
> and advertise it, like here, upfront and center, with
> their very own <http://tinyurl.com/Proof-of-Relativity>

> Thanks for the laughs, Sam... ahahahaanson

Was there something about special relativity that you thing to be
incorrect, haha?

There is nothing wrong with special relativity. However, I suspect
that your understanding of special relativity is lacking. This is
true for many people, including more than half of Freshman physics
students.

Student understanding of time in special relativity:
simultaneity and reference frames

Rachel E. Scherr, Peter S. Shaffer, and Stamatis Vokos
Department of Physics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA

This article reports on an investigation of student understanding
of the concept of time in special relativity. A series of research
tasks are discussed that illustrate, step-by-step, how student
reasoning of fundamental concepts of relativity was probed. The
results indicate that after standard instruction students at all
academic levels have serious difficulties with the relativity of
simultaneity and with the role of observers in inertial reference
frames. Evidence is presented that suggests many students construct
a conceptual framework in which the ideas of absolute simultaneity
and the relativity of simultaneity harmoniously co-exist.

See: http://arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0207109

VII. CONCLUSION

This investigation has identified widespread difficulties that
students have with the definition of the time of an event and
the role of intelligent observers. After instruction, more than
2/3 of physics undergraduates and 1/3 of graduate students in
physics are unable to apply the construct of a reference frame
in determining whether or not two events are simultaneous. Many
students interpret the phrase ?relativity of simultaneity? as
implying that the simultaneity of events is determined by an
observer on the basis of the reception of light signals. They
difference in signal travel time for different observers. In
this way, they reconcile statements of the relativity of
simultaneity with a belief in absolute simultaneity and fail
to confront the startling ideas of special relativity.

Date Subject Author
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Tom Potter
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??
Sam Wormley
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??
Sam Wormley
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Hagar
7/28/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??
Sam Wormley
7/29/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/29/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Hagar
7/29/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Tom Potter
7/29/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/29/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??
4HEAD
7/30/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/30/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions.
??
4HEAD
7/30/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
hanson
7/31/13
[...]
Helmut Wabnig
7/31/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Tom Potter
8/2/13
Read Re: The human mind is unable to conceive of the four dimensions. ??
Brian Q. Hutchings