Topic: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Replies: 40   Last Post: Aug 2, 2013 5:27 PM

JT

Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius

Den torsdagen den 1:e augusti 2013 kl. 23:47:45 UTC+2 skrev Virgil:
> In article <2ffac830-e349-4e0e-9c98-4720ef9933e5@googlegroups.com>,
>
> jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Their [the ancients] geometric calculations used exact fractions instead of halfbaked
>
> > decimals.
>

> Which meant that they could not find the length of the diagonal to a
>
> unit square, as it is not an exact fraction.
>
> --

I think they knew howto multiply the dividend.

Date Subject Author
7/30/13
Read Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Peter Percival
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Richard Tobin
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Peter Percival
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/30/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
William Elliot
7/31/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
7/31/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Peter Percival
7/31/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
William Elliot
8/1/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
8/1/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
8/1/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Virgil
8/1/13
[...]
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/1/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Virgil
8/2/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
JT
8/2/13
Read Re: Calculating Pi using polygon sides sum / radius
Virgil
8/2/13
Read ApiKindOnew
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/2/13
Read prove sixness of sphere volume vis-a-vu diameter
Brian Q. Hutchings
8/2/13