Topic: How to plot the function with unclear variable?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 5, 2013 11:38 PM

A Tong

Re: How to plot the function with unclear variable?

dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <ktg9ah$85l$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
> On 8/2/2013 4:56 AM, A Tong wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I have a problem on plotting function.
> > My function has form F=F(omega,w,alpha,f,q) where
> > omega=omega(alpha,q);
> > w=w(alpha,q);
> > alpha=alpha(omega,f) and f=f(omega).
> > Now I want to plot the expression F as a function of q in range [-2;2].
> > What should I do now?
> > Thank you very much for your help in advance!

> Write a function that solves for F as function of the other
> variables--it will, of course, have to have the functions for the
> dependencies of the others on q evaluated in the proper sequence. Pick
> values for the other parameters other than q and charge ahead...
>
> --

Thanks for your reply.
However, I am really be confused about your answer. Can you guide me more clearly?
In Matlab, can we use an undefined variable? If yes, we can plot F as follows:
q=-2:0.01:2;
omega=omega(alpha,q);% Using alpha variable before it is defined below.
alpha=alpha(omega,f); % alpha is also a function of omega above!
f=f(omega);
w=w(alpha,q);
F=F(omega,w,alpha,f,q);
plot(q,F);