Topic: What is the antiderivative of 1/(2*sqrt(x)) ?
Replies: 8   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Earle Jones

Re: What is the antiderivative of 1/(2*sqrt(x)) ?

In article <284ef2c6-bf84-477e-b0c9-102889243f8f@googlegroups.com>,
G Patel <gaya.patel@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the antiderivative of 1/(2*sqrt(x)) ?
>
> Is it, sqrt(x) in its entirety, or sqrt(x), x>0 ?
>
> That is, say f had domain X and f' has domain Y, a strict subset of X.
> Do we consider the original f as the antiderivative of f', or is the
> antiderivative the restriction of f to Y?

*
And for extra credit:

y = x^x

In the right-half plane it is well-behaved.

What does it look like in the left-half plane?

earle
*