GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Australia's Chief Scientist -
‘STEM in the national interest'

Robert Hansen (RH) posted Aug 4, 2013 5:06 AM (GSC's response follows):

> On Aug 3, 2013, at 11:28 AM, GS Chandy
> <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Interesting Note about PERT Charts: At one stage,
> RH had fallen so much in love with PERT Charts that
> he filled up all the walls of all the corridors and
> conference rooms - and the roofs as well for all I
> know - of the office where he was working at the
> time.
>
> I never said that. I wasn't in love with them, I was
> the CS guy tasked with building the systems that
> created them. Management was in love with them. I
> loved the CS work and graph theory, and I devised
> several very good algorithms with which to process,
> display and plot them. But I quickly realized that
> they didn't add value nor make the crucial task of
> project management any easier. Management came to the
> same conclusion 5 to 10 years later.
>
> You are still hanging on 30 years later.
>
> And your software is nothing compared to what I was
> working with 30 years ago.
>
> Here is my advice to you. Take what you have and make
> an iPhone app out of it. Sell it for a couple of
> bucks and at least someone will use it. If it has any
> merit than you will find out soon enough. I suspect
> it will lie on the heap of the other 1000 to-do-list
> apps out there.

Readers here may be aware that that I am promoting a 'systems approach' to problem solving and decision making that I call the 'One Page Management System' (OPMS).

RH knows nothing whatsoever about the OPMS - as is clearly evident from the systematic lies that he had come out with about the OPMS at Math-teach: "OPMS is just trivial list-making and nothing else" (words to that effect).

If he had known the least bit about the OPMS, he would have known that OPMS was definitely MUCH more than "list-making and nothing else".

Now, knowing nothing whatsoever about OPMS, Robert Hansen feels enabled to give me his "advice" as to what I should do with it (see his suggestion above).

There are a sizable number of such people in society everywhere (in India as well as in the USA and elsewhere) - people who know nothing whatsoever about some specific thing but who nonetheless feel empowered to offer advice about that thing.

I don't know if there is a word in the English (US variant) to describe such a person. I believe that neither 'English English' nor 'Indian English' contains such a word.

GSC