Topic: Matlab-histogram and read pic
Replies: 4   Last Post: Aug 6, 2013 11:57 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: Matlab-histogram and read pic

On 8/6/2013 2:34 AM, report.classic@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello all
> I have a sample question
>
> For ex you read a pic with imread after that imread return its output to the
> Img_Data variable then you use this code
> Img_Data=Img_Data(:,:,1);
>
> What's the meaning of (:,:,1)

first channel. The values of the 'R' in the RGB image.
a matrix of 2D.

>and can help me about ':' what's the meaning of ':'?

If you do not know what : is, you really should be reading
documenation. It means all elements in that index position.
So A(:) means all entries in A, regadless of A dimensions.
A(:,1) means all rows, first column. i.e. picks the first
column out. etc..

> About get RGB histogram plz get some tips to me with sample code.
>
> Thanks all

help image. It is all there. all what you have to do is read a little
and look at the examples.