Topic: Quick Solution to Puzzle?
Replies: 12   Last Post: Aug 13, 2013 6:11 AM

J.B. Wood

Re: Quick Solution to Puzzle?

On 08/09/2013 06:25 AM, Jim Burns wrote:

> There is the question of whether 0000000 and 0000001 count as
> telephone numbers, when the initial 0 connects you to the
> operator and the rest is ignored. But then, 1201216 possibly
> should not count either. Doesn't 1-201-216-???? start to
> connect you to somewhere in New Jersey?

Hello, all, and I never expected to get so many great comments on my OP!
As to the above, I would have to ask how old that poster is. Some of
us remember using home phones with dials and local phone numbers of 7
digits and being able to go into a doored phone booth and have a modicum
of voice privacy. Sincerely,

--
J. B. Wood e-mail: arl_123234@hotmail.com