Topic: Combining Primes
Replies: 81   Last Post: Aug 19, 2013 1:12 PM

Phil Carmody

Re: Combining Primes

Nam Nguyen <namducnguyen@shaw.ca> writes:
> On 10/08/2013 9:46 PM, William Elliot wrote:

> >> But what would _be_ the _first prime_ greater than max{ p,q }, given
> >> p, q are _general_ ?

> > min{ r prime | p,q < r }

> But how do we determine if indeed p,q < r, and not the other way
> around? I mean _from_ the _only_ information p, q are primes, how
> do we _determine where_ the prime r be?
>
> As shown before, given odds o1, o2 we can _determine_ that o1+o2+1,
> which is the desired new odd, is greater than either o1 or o2!
>
> Where's such _determination_ in this case of primes? I'd say that
> such determination _is impossible_ (and one can prove it).
>
> Would you believe otherwise?

Now I remember that I killefiled you in sci.math, apparently I'm
going to have to add you to my sci.crypt killfile too (or remember
to read sci.math before sci.crypt in the future, so that you get
pruned sooner rather than later).

If you don't understand the language of mathematics, please stop
attempting to have discourse in it.

Phil
--
If "law-abiding citizens have nothing to fear" from privacy-invading
technologies and policies, then law-abiding governments should have

Date Subject Author
8/10/13
Read Combining Primes
jim