Topic: Re: Learning for Understanding
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Learning for Understanding

Further my post dt. Aug 11, 2013 10:56 PM (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?messageID=9202693?) in response to Wayne Bishop' dt. Aug 11, 2013 4:29 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=920131 5:

> (GSC): If you have ever opened any of the literature I
> have
> been linking to from time to time, you may have
> observed that I had chosen this idea: "Democracy: how
> to achieve it?"
> (http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536)
> . I find that people may prefer to work on smaller,
> more 'down-to-earth' objectives.

Specifically, stuff like,

- -- Students: "To do well in my exams";

- -- Those recently graduated: "To get myself a good job":

- -- Those working: "To do well at my job";

- -- Senior managers in companies: "To ensure profitability rises..."; "To deal effectively with our major client"; "To increase turnover to ...";
(Most 'organizational' goals cannot be divulged or even discussed because of confidentiality issues).

- -- People in Bangalore: "To ensure Bangalore becomes a 'Garden City' once more instead of the 'Garbage City' that it has become" -- There are a whole lot of civic issues troubling Bangalore just now.

I note that you are the ONLY person in recent years to have expressed interest in something global but "easy" (per your claim), like:

"To achieve permanent world peace". (In fact, you are the ONLY person who has expressed interest in this noble Mission).

I AM delighted you think this will be easy. Nothing like being optimistic, is what I say!!! However, maintaining that optimism may not be easy.

If you do happen to take up this very challenging Mission (whether via application of OPMS or by other means), I should perhaps caution you that it is likely to be VERY difficult indeed, given that the 'hope of the world' President Barack Obama himself has gone over to killing civilians by way of drone attacks and the like (in the apparent belief that this will help bring about peace in the Af-Pak region).

GSC

------- End of Forwarded Message