Topic: PDE Toolbox
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 16, 2013 10:19 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: PDE Toolbox

On 8/13/2013 10:36 AM, rimmon amin wrote:
> My question is related to PDE toolbox. How to set the boundaries in
> PDE Toolbox without opening the Toolbox itself. I mean I need the
> correct command to expand the boundaries in PDE. I also hope I am
> right about calling the limits of PDE Toolbox which I can easily
> change them to "auto" through: PDE Toolbox > Options > Axis Limits. I
> would like to repeat my question once more to be more clear on this
> matter. I would like to change Axis Limits in PDE Toolbox without
> opening the toolbox itself, and just by using a simple command which I
> could use in my scripts.

I think that when you say "PDE toolbox" you mean pdetool, also called
the PDE app, which is a GUI for the PDE toolbox. I think what you are
asking is how to set the axis limits programmatically, without using the
GUI menu items.

As far as I know, you would need to write a function yourself along the
lines of what is in the pdetool.m file beginning around line 1445:
elseif strcmp(action,'axlim')...

However, this code is based on an existing GUI, meaning there is already
a handle to the GUI window. I believe that this is unavoidable. Either
you would have to write a function that opens the pdetool GUI and then
changes its axis limits, or you would have to edit the pdetool.m file to
make the GUI behave the way you want.

Good luck,

Alan Weiss

Date Subject Author