Topic: unable to read file, result too large
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 3, 2013 5:49 AM

Paul

Re: unable to read file, result too large

"someone" wrote in message <kuir67$obr$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Michael" wrote in message <kui3is$vo$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've written a script that is supposed to load several .mat files within a for loop. However, when the script tries to load a file i get the following error:
> >
> > "Error using load
> > Unable to read file 'Computer/File/MatlabFileName.mat': Result too large."
> >
> > However, If I go to where that .mat file is on my computer and simply drag the file into the command window, matlab loads it no problem and all the variables are there.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea why this is?

> Are you able to "drag it" with all the other *.mat files in the workspace loaded also?
> Or just by itself?

I am getting the same message for a file that is quite small and can be dragged to the workspace with no other variables loaded. Also, until recently this file loaded with no problems. Any ideas?