Topic: Re: 8/9-9/8 Let's ask Kirby
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: 8/9-9/8 Let's ask Kirby

Responding to Frank Zubek's post dt Aug 16, 2013 1:50 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9211956), copied below by signature for ready reference:

(SARCASM FIRMLY OFF, though it might occasionally appear otherwise).

Thank you for posing "ongoing problems relating to simple fractions 5th grade stuff... ...etc, etc" to me. I must say I'm grateful to you for thinking of me in this context.

I only wish to remind you that YOU, FZ, are the Czar of Education.

You have come out with Your Excellent "Plan To Save US Education" (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9211259 at the thread "Hilbert's third problem" dt. Aug 15, 2013 6:30 PM). I confess that I could make neither head nor tail out of it.

(I had earlier hoped that I might modify Your Plan so that I might apply it to India, but that hope has been completely belied: I have simply been Unable to Understand, which evidently points to some grave flaws in my education which, though not at Princeton, was at other reputed educational institutions).

So I request you to please proceed with the implementation of Your Excellent Plan in the USA, and please to let me know when you're done. At which point I shall rejoin school at the 5th Grade to be Properly Educated In The Gospel According To FZ.

I observe that Kirby Urner has responded to your post - http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9212009 dt. Aug 16, 2013 2:28 AM. Doubtless that response has been prepared on the basis of his background of Princeton, "Synergetics", and other such institutions that have been thoroughly discredited According To The Gospel By FZ. So, perhaps you might like to reserve a place for Kirby Urner as well in the 5th Grade According to FZ? (I would not object to sitting next to him while I learn The Gospel According to FZ).

GSC

Frank Zubek posted Aug 16, 2013 1:50 AM (http://mathforum.org/kb/message.jspa?messageID=9211956):
> Mr; GSC;
>
> Here I have a angoing problem it relates to simple
> fractions 5th grade stuff;
> 8/9, 9/8
> In synergetics they have these fractions as a part of
> a conversion from IVM to x,y,z
>
> Mr. Kirby is a product Princeton
>
> in synergetics they have a cube = 72 modules
> 72/8=9
> 8/72 =.1111...
>
> This been going on for years, the whole of
> synergetics is
> resting on this little fraction, and no one, is
> capable
> to this date decipher what it means, just
> fascinating, now you said you are a engineer, fyou
> should be able to please tell us what is this
> fraction all about.
>
> I'm all ears are you Kirby??
>

> fz

Message was edited by: GS Chandy