Topic: variables at each generation in GATOOL box
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 20, 2013 11:29 AM

Alan Weiss

Re: variables at each generation in GATOOL box

On 8/20/2013 10:20 AM, Aniket Kumar wrote:
> Hi, I am using gatool in matlab. I used 3 variables in my function.
> After optimization , only final values of x, i.e. variables are shown
> in the result. I want to get variables value at each generation.
> Please help me.
> Thanks

Write an output function as described here:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/gads/genetic-algorithm-options.html#f17837

There are examples of the use of output function (using different
syntax, be careful) here:
http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/math/output-functions.html
http://www.mathworks.com/help/optim/ug/output-functions.html

Include the handle to your output function in the optimtool option for
output functions.

Alan Weiss