Topic: Americans thankfully clueless about rotten-to-the-core Core
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
kirby urner

Americans thankfully clueless about rotten-to-the-core Core
att1.html (1.7 K)

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 12:50 PM, Jerry Becker <jbecker@siu.edu> wrote:

> *****************************
> From* Education Week* [American Education's Newspaper of Record],
> Wednesday, August 21, 2013, Volume 33, Issue 2 See
> http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2013/08/21/02pdk_ep.h33.html?tkn=YS
> MFzHDa2dAuAcTHM%2Fgvj4xPfiVJOiE8rl4P&cmp=ENL-EU-NEWS1
> *****************************
> *Most Americans Unaware of Common Core, PDK/Gallup Poll Finds*

Imagine their outrage when they find out Euclid's Method is nowhere
mentioned.

Nor the 1,2,3 power rule, twixt line, surface and volume.

Nor Euler's V + F == E + 2, accessible to 2nd graders (not age-defined --
many adults qualify).

It'll be like IB all over again: the only schools that get respect use
Core Standards from *other* countries.

You can count on Washington DC to let us down. Every time.

Lets petition the White House for a new national capital. Actually a
rotating capital would be cool.

The US could be the first nation-state with a rotating capital.

Sounds expensive but I think you'd be amazed how much money we'd more
wisely spend.

Imagine a day when the beltway bandits were just a fatty donut around an
empty power vacuum.

Kirby