Topic: The entries in tspan must strictly increase or decrease
Replies: 1   Last Post: Aug 23, 2013 2:39 AM

Torsten

Re: The entries in tspan must strictly increase or decrease

"Sanaa" wrote in message <kv5ptm$ovj$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi all,
> I have 4 m files to create a plot and I define tspan = [0:tstep:tend];
> Matlab gives me the error
>
> ??? Error using ==> funfun\private\odearguments
> The entries in tspan must strictly increase or decrease.
>
> Error in ==> ode45 at 173
> [neq, tspan, ntspan, next, t0, tfinal, tdir, y0, f0, odeArgs, ...
>
> Error in ==> run at 17
> [t x] = ode45(@FODuffing,parameters,orders,ttrans,Y0,option,mu);
>
> Error in ==> bifurcation at 20
> [t,x] = run(parameters,orders,Y0,trans,tend,tstep,mu);
>
> strange because I have defined tspan = [0:tstep:tend]; so it's increasing.
> Any explanation please?
> Thanks a lot in advance.

The call
[t x] = ode45(@FODuffing,parameters,orders,ttrans,Y0,option,mu);
to ODE45 is wrong.
Take a look at the documentation for the correct argument list.

Best wishes
Torsten.