Topic: Chessboard problem
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 30, 2013 5:09 AM

Hauke Reddmann

Re: Chessboard problem

Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet@bsb.me.uk> wrote:
> <fc3a501@uni-hamburg.de> writes:
> <snip>

>> I threw the problem before the problemists :-)
>> Here is a working solution by Georgy Evseev, gif by me:
>> http://imgur.com/LvhcvY9

> Here's a slightly bigger picture that shows the two cuts clearly:
> http://bsb.me.uk/tmp/cb.png

The problemists meanwhile also found the original source.
It's originally by Dudeney, you can find it here:
http://ia600300.us.archive.org/10/items/AmusementsInMathematicspdf/AmusementsInMathematics.pdf
#176 "Linoleum Cutting"
--
Hauke Reddmann <:-EX8 fc3a501@uni-hamburg.de
Hund frißt Hund jeden Tag - Pal jetzt NEU mit Menschgeschmack