Topic: x-axis has too many tick lables
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 9:38 AM

dpb

Re: x-axis has too many tick lables

On 8/28/2013 1:47 PM, Larry Rose wrote:
> hello,
> Does someone know a command to limit the number of x-axis tick labels?
> So, could limit the number of labels to a specific number of labels. I
> have too many so I can't even read them unless I enlarge the graph.
> please advise.

Not specifically a command, no...use the 'xtick' and/or 'xticklabel'
properties to set the number/values.

To cut them in half, for example,

xt=get(gca,'xtick'); % get the current ones
xt(1:2:end)=[]; % wipe out every other one
set(gca,'xtick',xt) % and replace w/ updated

Innumerable variations upon a theme are possible, of course...