Topic: Algebra 1 Module 1 Thoughts?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 5:43 PM

Jonathan Halabi

Re: Algebra 1 Module 1 Thoughts?
att1.html (7.0 K)

With all due respect, there is progression K - 8.

High school math was a tag on, poorly executed.

There is no "major focus of the grade" - a defining element of common core
k - 8 math.

There is no clear progression.

This is a mish mash. A pile on. As wide as our curricula ever were, leaving
little room for depth.

Rather than alienate half the states, Coleman punted - his people wrote
this open-ended high school thing that would allow both
algebra/geometry/trig and integrated math states to participate, with no
particular sequence, and none of the common core sensibility from the lower
grades.

Jonathan Halabi
the Bronx