Topic: problem with mathematica ---> Get::"noopen": "Cannot open ("Graphics`Graphics`'")."
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 3, 2013 2:22 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: problem with mathematica ---> Get::"noopen": "Cannot open ("Graphics`Graphics`'")."

I presume you had Graphics`Graphics` and LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation` from an older version of Mathematica or else you downloaded them from the Wolfram web site, since they are no longer distributed with Mathematica.

Where did you put them?

In the Applications subdirectory of my $UserBaseDirectory, I created a subdirectory Graphics and put the file Graphics.m there. Thus it is:

<$UserBaseDirectory>/Applications/Graphics/Graphics.m

That sets up the correct context, so you can load the package with:

<<Graphics`Graphics`

(You may need to restart Mathematica with a clean cache first.)

Of course you'll get a cascade of error messages when the package tries to load, but cannot, other package on which it depends, namely: Graphics`Common`GraphicsCommon`, Utilities`FilterOptions`, and Statistics`DataManipulation`. And a bunch of other messages due to changes in BarChart, etc.

Rather than trying to load all those missing packages and avoiding the other problems, it's probably a better idea to rewrite your application so as to use current functionality; see DocumentationCenter page Compatibility/tutorial/Graphics/Graphics.

On Sep 2, 2013, at 2:47 AM, bowen.raymone@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I have a problem with Mathematica 9.
>
> In[1]:= << ComputationalGeometry`
> << Graphics`Graphics`
> << LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation`
>
> Get::noopen: "Cannot open \!\(\"Graphics`Graphics`\"\)"
>
> Out[2]= $Failed
>
> Get::noopen: "Cannot open =

\!\(\"LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation`\"\)."

> Out[3]= $Failed
>
> I actually have all of these three packages, ComputationalGeometry, Graphics`Graphics`, LinearAlgebra`MatrixManipulation`. The first one can be read, but the last two cannot be opened.
>
> How can I do?
>
> Thanks in advance. Bowen

---
Murray Eisenberg