Topic: matrix mean
Replies: 9   Last Post: Sep 11, 2013 5:13 PM

Curious

Re: matrix mean

"Puneet" wrote in message <l0kc2v$l2a$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi - this is begginers question.
> I have a data set - 16 rows and 16 columns - I would like to average every 2 points to get an 8 rows 8 columns matrix.
>
> This is a learning phase so I can run something similar later for larger data sets.
> Thanks.

%Perhaps something like:

a = rand(16,16);
b = a(1:2:15, 1:2:15); % odd rows & columns
c = mean(b(:));

% may not be most efficient,
% but you should get the idea

% I'll leave the even rows & columns to you
% (you didn't specify which you wanted).