Topic: AP Calc
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Evan Romer

Re: AP Calc

It's been a long time since I was a beginning AP Calc teacher, but one
thing I would recommend is resources from the AP store at
collegeboard.org:

https://store.collegeboard.org/sto/catalog.do?category=259&categoryName=AP%AE&secondCategory=286&secondCatName=Mathematics

In particular, the Teacher's Guide has sample syllabi and other
resources -- I found it very helpful. Also, the store has the recent
released exams, which include multiple choice exam questions for
certain years.

If you visit apcentral.collegeboard.com, you will find most free
response exam questions, a listserv (EDG -- Electronic Discussion
Group) which I found helpful when I was starting out, and other
resouces.

Finally, I recommend the AP summer institutes (too late for that now),
and the 1-day workshops. A description of the AP Calc workshop is at

http://professionals.collegeboard.com/prof-dev/workshops/math/ap-calculus

To find a workshop near you, go to

http://apcentral.collegeboard.com/InstitutesAndWorkshops

Evan Romer