Topic: Compress storage space of primes?
Replies: 12   Last Post: Sep 14, 2013 11:58 PM

Peter Percival

Re: Compress storage space of primes?

jonas.thornvall@gmail.com wrote:

> How could one easiest compress storage space of primes

Please sir, I know this one. Compress them down to this string:

The sequence of primes.

Since there are well-known algorithms for producing the primes one after
the other, you're done.

You can in fact compress the infinite sequence of all primes down to a
single letter, let's say X. Just keep in mind that X abbreviates the
string displayed above.

--
Sorrow in all lands, and grievous omens.
Great anger in the dragon of the hills,