Topic: Compression of Data Points in Time Series.
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 13, 2013 3:08 PM

Matthew

Re: Compression of Data Points in Time Series.

"Swadesh" wrote in message <l0vem9$o45$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi,
>
> I have experimental data for 6 hours with 0.5 seconds sampling rate. I want to compress and reduce the data points to 2 hours maintaining the data profile.
> I tried but was only able to smooth the data rather than compressing it. Is there any way to compress the data. Please help.
>
> Thanks,
> Swadesh

Could you please be more specific about what you would like to accomplish? Specifically, what do you mean when you say "compress" and "maintaining the data profile"?

For reducing the data point, do you want to display never Nth data point? Do you want to compute some manner of running average? Again, please be descriptive.