Topic: Problem with program FEM
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 16, 2013 12:52 PM

Steven Lord

Re: Problem with program FEM

"Ricardo Tamarín" <tamarin_091@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> then I don't know how to calculate the integral of the product of
> functions in this case, which command do you recommend?

You're doing the opposite of what I called out as a common mistake in this

In this case, you don't want to pass in the product of the two functions as
the first input to QUAD. You want to pass in a function that when evaluated
returns the product of the values of the two functions.

f = @(x) x+1;
g = @(x) x+2;
x = 1:10;
y = f(x).*g(x) % returns a vector
h = @(x) f(x).*g(x) % returns a function handle
h(x) % returns a vector

You don't want to pass y into QUAD. You want to pass h into QUAD, so that
QUAD can evaluate h at the values of x QUAD chooses.

Steve Lord