Topic: Any suggestions for putting Matlab on a virtual computer?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 4, 2013 10:55 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Any suggestions for putting Matlab on a virtual computer?

"Lyle " <lyle.medel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Basically we want our students to be able to access our special Matlab
> program from any computer.
> We have our Matlab exported into an executable file for the time being,
> but ideally we want to put the program on a virtual computer at the
> university with the students being able to fill in the numbers, the
> numbers being sent to the virtual computer, run by Matlab, and the results
> sent back to the student on their computer.
> HTML 5 should allow us to do this relatively pain free, correct? Any
> suggestions on how to start this or a guide to look up? Thank you for your
> time!

You should take a look at MATLAB Production Server:

http://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab-production-server/

and/or contact Customer Service and/or your sales representative for
suggestions on how to do this in a way that doesn't violate your license
agreement. [I'm not a lawyer, but I have read the license agreement and I
seem to remember it mentions this type of usage scenario.]

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com