Topic: information
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 18, 2013 7:01 AM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: information
att1.html (3.5 K)

Hi Jason!
I am so glad you are interested in AMTNYS. AMTNYS is an organization that has been serving pre-service and mathematics educators PreK-college for over 60 years. We run an annual conference each fall where there are typically over 200 sessions and workshops on a myriad of topics related to instruction, curriculum, professional information, and state and national policies. There is generally a keynote and banquet speaker as well along with over 50 vendors from different companies who have booths that you can peruse to find out about the latest available products.

We also have SED representatives who hold informational and Q and A sessions at the annual conference.

Besides the annual conference, AMTNYS holds a summer conference, typically every other year, and lately we have been teaming up with the STEM collaborative to have joint presenters with them in the summer. There are also affiliate groups in most areas of the state who hold various workshops and meetings throughout the year.

Besides the myriad of opportunities for professional development, the executive board of AMTNYS keeps in close contact with the leaders at SED, helping to both express concerns from the field, learn about new things that are in the works, and we are also often asked for our opinions and expertise at that level, thus making AMTNYS important advocates for educators across New York State. The listserves that AMTNYS has often serve as sounding boards for educators as well as a place to share great ideas.

Also with an AMTNYS membership you get a beautiful professional journal 3 times a year.

AMTNYS membership continues to be extremely affordable at only $40 per year (with a reduced rate for new teachers and students). The annual conference also boasts lower registration rates than many other professional organizations as well.
Consider joining us at the annual conference in Buffalo, NY being held this fall from Nov 7-9 at the Adam's Mark Hotel and Conferene Center! You can find information and the registration form at www.amtnys.org.
Hope to see you there!
Liz

Elizabeth Waite
AMTNYS Coordinator of Reps