Topic: temperature values with simulated annealing
Replies: 1   Last Post: Sep 18, 2013 2:29 PM

Alan Weiss

Re: temperature values with simulated annealing

On 9/18/2013 1:19 PM, matlab wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have to solve an optimization problem with simulated annealing
> algorithm. At first i was delighted when i found about the global
> optimization toolbox which supported the simulated annealing in
> MATLAB, however i couldn't get the code of it and i saw it was for
> commercial use not student. (Does anyone knows of a free available
> implementation for students)
> So, i have to code the algorithm on my own. I found description of it
> but i can't really figure the values i should put in the values of the
> initial temperature, the number of iterations and the function varying
> the temperature. Are these values dependent of my problem or there are
> generic values to use?
> I know it is not really related to MATLAB but any help is highly
> appreciated.
> Thanks

If you have a student version of MATLAB then the Global Optimization
Toolbox is available for purchase at a very reduced price. It could save
you many days of coding.

Alan Weiss