Topic: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Replies: 19   Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 9:29 PM

kirby urner

Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
att1.html (2.8 K)

On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 8:46 PM, GS Chandy <gs_chandy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I must note that I'm otherwise in quite fundamental

disagreement with practically everything Lord Churchill

ever stood for.
> <snip>
> >
> > Dora Marsden's work I do not know: shall try and
> > understand that.
> >

> I'm ashamed I had never heard (or had never

remembered having heard) of Dora Marsden!

Have since been looking up on her, and I observe

that Lord Churchill was profoundly anti-everything

Dora Marsden stood for (as might have been

expected). In any case, I am hastily rectifying

this serious gap in my knowledge and understanding

of things.

I chose Dora for one of my short lists of heroes
in part because she's obscure, not just to yourself.
My friend and scholar Trevor Blake turned me
on to her.

Trevor is a sleuth for obscure yet powerful
thinkers, perhaps unrecognized in their own
time, or perhaps strange in all times, yet shining
specimens of some extreme or other. Not
surprisingly, he has tracked Bucky Fuller (how
he met me).

Yes, Dora and Churchill were contemporaries,
she being a powerhouse writer in favor of
giving women real / equal political privileges
in the UK. She once crashed a males-only
meeting wherein Churchill was a chief speaker
and hauled away by police.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
9/24/13
Read Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Richard Hake
9/25/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Wayne Bishop
9/25/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Jonathan Crabtree
9/25/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Louis Talman
9/26/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
Wayne Bishop
9/25/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
9/26/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
9/27/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
9/27/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
9/29/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
9/29/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
9/30/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
9/30/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
9/30/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
10/1/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
10/1/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
10/1/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
10/2/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
GS Chandy
10/3/13
Read Re: Why Have K-12 Educators Ignored Benezet's Breakthrough?
kirby urner
10/4/13