Topic: Integrity of Modules
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 5:17 AM

JFish@csufsd.org

RE: Integrity of Modules
att1.html (10.2 K)

If this is true, the state, in its infinite wisdom, is making a real mess
of things. I don't mind Common Core, but let the teachers do what they do
best. Turning us all into identical robots is ridiculous.

Sincerely,

Jim Fish

Mathematics Department
JFK High School
305 Cayuga Creek Road
Cheektowaga, NY 14227
(716)897-7800 ext. 1120

"We the willing, led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible for the ungrateful.
We have done so much for so long, with so
little, we are now qualified to do anything
with nothing."

......Mother Theresa of Calcutta

From: Dianne Gizowski <GizowskD@dcmoboces.com>
To: "'nyshsmath@mathforum.org'" <nyshsmath@mathforum.org>
Date: 09/30/2013 09:16 AM
Subject: RE: Integrity of Modules
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org

While we have been regularly using "Adopt, Adapt, or Alternately Align
(some other program or resource)" language, I have not ever heard that SED
will require any documentation on HOW you are alternately aligning, if
that's your district's choice. They have provided the tri-state rubric to
help make sure that your alternate program IS aligned, but even that is
for your own use. I find that while that rubric helps generally, it
doesn't help decide if the program questions/assessments are sufficiently
complex. We have been using the questions in the problem sets and
assessments of the modules to compare with to help with that. Anyway, I
have not seen or heard anything about required documentation.