Topic: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
Replies: 23   Last Post: Oct 1, 2013 3:22 PM

JT

Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc

Den måndagen den 30:e september 2013 kl. 19:09:57 UTC+2 skrev FredJeffries:
> On Monday, September 30, 2013 8:57:49 AM UTC-7, jonas.t...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > When i've played with constructing *zeroless* numbersystems i've come a cross terms like bijective and p-adic, since my formalised knowledge of math terms is null. I wonder what these terms really mean and their origin, and is there a difference between bijective base 10 and p-adic base 10?
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijective_numeration
>

> http://scientopia.org/blogs/goodmath/2012/12/12/p-adic-arithmetic/

Well Jeffrey just eyed through it and i am questioning his idea that you can't convert between them as freely as you can in the conventional reals.

I think that is simply wrong.

But honestly it did not tell me much more what distinguish a zeroless base from a p-adic or bijective.

Is it just fancy terms/names for zeroless bases?

Date Subject Author
9/30/13
Read Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/30/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
Brian Q. Hutchings
9/30/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
JT
9/30/13
Read Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective,
p-adic etc)
Rock Brentwood
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective,
p-adic etc)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers)
Michael F. Stemper
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective,
p-adic etc)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc)
Virgil
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective,
p-adic etc)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc)
Virgil
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective,
p-adic etc)
JT
9/30/13
Read Re: Systems of Numerals (not Numbers) (was: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc)
Virgil
10/1/13
Read base-one accounting for
Brian Q. Hutchings
10/1/13
Read the surfer's value of pi (wokrking on proof
Brian Q. Hutchings
10/1/13
Read Re: the surfer's value of pi (wokrking on proof
Michael F. Stemper
10/1/13
Read Re: the surfer's value of pi (wokrking on proof
Brian Q. Hutchings
10/1/13
Read Re: Numbersystems, bijective, p-adic etc
Karl-Olav Nyberg