Topic: .mat from Physionet
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 2, 2013 10:12 PM

Ooi Chip Pin

Re: .mat from Physionet

"Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <l2hlc3$3jb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Ooi Chip Pin" <larapinpin@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi All,
> >
> > Need some helps regarding the .mat file from Physionet.
> > http://www.physionet.org/cgi-bin/atm/ATM
> >
> > From the link above, I exported the MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database (mitdb)
> > output with .mat format and download the .mat into my directory. The
> > problem is i failed to load the .mat file into matlab and plot it.

> Please clarify what happened when you tried to LOAD the MAT-file. Show the
> code you used to LOAD it and state whether it threw an error (and include
> the FULL text of the error message), issued a warning (again, include the
> full text), read the data in incorrectly, etc.
>

> > http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/mitdb/
> >
> > Meanwhile, if i download the data from link above(100.atr,100.dat,100.hea)
> > and convert it into .mat file with help of following link:
> >
> > http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/17115-calculating-beat-rate-of-heart-by-dwt/content/PhysioNet_ECG_Exporter_2.m
> >
> > Link at above could let the user to produce the specific period of output.
> >
> > I able to load and display the .mat file but the timing was displayed in
> > improper value.

> Show an example. It's possible that it's just in a different display FORMAT
> than you're expecting.
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Link below is my output waveform that i obtained with the ECG_converter.

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/larapinpin/media/ECG_1_zps1f11ac3c.jpg.html

From the waveform, the waveform just sampled until 3600. But it suppose show the 'period' in x-axis instead of the sampling points.
Because by using the converter, the converter will request us to key in the start time and end time for the conversion. For this case, i entered start=0 and end = 10. The output should showing 0 - 10 sec in x-axis instead of sampling points which is until 3600.

Below command was used to plot the waveform,
clear;close all;clc;
load 100_ECG_0_10

s1=ECG_1;

plot(411);plot(s1);title('ECG_1');