Topic: .mat from Physionet
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 2, 2013 10:12 PM

Derek Goring

Re: .mat from Physionet

On Thursday, October 3, 2013 2:36:07 PM UTC+13, Ooi Chip Pin wrote:
> "Steven Lord" <Steven_Lord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <l2hlc3$3jb$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
>

> > "Ooi Chip Pin" <larapinpin@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > > Hi All,
>

> > > Need some helps regarding the .mat file from Physionet.
>
> > > http://www.physionet.org/cgi-bin/atm/ATM
>

> > > From the link above, I exported the MIT-BIH Arrhythmia Database (mitdb)
>
> > > output with .mat format and download the .mat into my directory. The
>
> > > problem is i failed to load the .mat file into matlab and plot it.
>

> > Please clarify what happened when you tried to LOAD the MAT-file. Show the
>
> > code you used to LOAD it and state whether it threw an error (and include
>
> > the FULL text of the error message), issued a warning (again, include the
>
> > full text), read the data in incorrectly, etc.
>

> > > http://www.physionet.org/physiobank/database/mitdb/
>

> > > Meanwhile, if i download the data from link above(100.atr,100.dat,100.hea)
>
> > > and convert it into .mat file with help of following link:
>

> > > http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/17115-calculating-beat-rate-of-heart-by-dwt/content/PhysioNet_ECG_Exporter_2.m
>

> > > Link at above could let the user to produce the specific period of output.
>

> > > I able to load and display the .mat file but the timing was displayed in
>
> > > improper value.
>

> > Show an example. It's possible that it's just in a different display FORMAT
>
> > than you're expecting.
>

> > --
>
> > Steve Lord
>
> > slord@mathworks.com
>
> > To contact Technical Support use the Contact Us link on
>
> > http://www.mathworks.com
>

> Hi,
>

> Thanks for the feedback.
>

> Link below is my output waveform that i obtained with the ECG_converter.
>

> http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/larapinpin/media/ECG_1_zps1f11ac3c.jpg.html
>

> From the waveform, the waveform just sampled until 3600. But it suppose show the 'period' in x-axis instead of the sampling points.
>
> Because by using the converter, the converter will request us to key in the start time and end time for the conversion. For this case, i entered start=0 and end = 10. The output should showing 0 - 10 sec in x-axis instead of sampling points which is until 3600.
>

> Below command was used to plot the waveform,
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> clear;close all;clc;
>
> load 100_ECG_0_10
>

> s1=ECG_1;
>

> plot(411);plot(s1);title('ECG_1');
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>

> Thanks.
>

> Regards,
>
> Ooi.

What you got is what you asked for.
What did you expect this:
plot(411);
would give you?
Whatever, it is overwritten by:
plot(s1)
and 'ECG_1' gives a subscript because that's how Matlab interprets _

To get the correct abscissa, you need to include the abscissa vector in the plot command, something like this:
plot(t,s1)