Topic: math problems - help
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 7:14 PM

justlooking for someone else

Re: math problems - help

On Fri, 04 Oct 2013 00:17:18 -0400, wilson <winslole@udayton.edu>
wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:05:50 -0400, stony <x@x.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi, I come here once in a while to get some confusions cleared up or
>> get hints on how to solve something. I teach my daughter who is in
>> middle school and we come across some problems that stump us.
>> Any hints would be appreciate.
>>
>> The one below, I am missing something in terms of simplifying or some
>> series or something. Basically, I have tried combining all the terms
>> after expanding it and could not got to a solution that would simplify
>> it to prove. It stays in a the expanded form pretty much.
>>
>> Prove that:
>>
>> ((1/(a^2+1)) + ((1/(b^2+1)) + ((1/(c^2+1)) <= 1/2
>>
>> <= - less than or equal to 1/2
>>
>> I have grouped them together in several ways, but not come close to
>> simplifying the expanded equation. I thought I could be missing a
>> simple clue, but cannot come up with it for the past 2 hours. Its not
>> homework, but practice which she could not do it and I tried it but
>> have not been able to simplify. Thannks for the help.

thanks, wilson. do you see any simplification to the expanded
equation. I keep thinking that there may be a series simplication
that could yield the result, only that I don't know of any. thanks
again.