Topic: help me about 1-step ahead feedforward
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 7, 2013 10:20 PM

Greg Heath

Re: help me about 1-step ahead feedforward

"Jame " <phuongr3k2@gmail.com> wrote in message <l2tk42$4ds$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

% Please show me what different in preparet syntax between timedelay, nar and narx. I really doesn't know clearly.

If the following expressions from the help documentation are not sufficient, read the help documentation (Check to see if the doc documentation contains additional info). Repost if you have "specific" questions

help preparets
[Xs,Xi,Ai,Ts,EWs,SHIFT] = preparets(net,X,T,{},EW)
[Xs,Xi,Ai,Ts,EWs,SHIFT] = preparets(net,Xnf,Tnf,Tfb,EW),
help timedelaynet
[Xs,Xi,Ai,Ts] = preparets(net,X,T);
help narnet
[Xs,Xi,Ai,Ts] = preparets(net,{},{},T);
help narxnet
[Xs,Xi,Ai,Ts] = preparets(net,X,{},T);

% About division, i think i don't need test set. Because I will test for my input(divide clearly training set and test set).

No. You need all three. The test set is not used for design. Therefore, it's performance is the ONLY UNBIASED estimate of performance on NONTRAINING data.

The validation set is used to stop training when there is evidence of overfitting. Therefore, it is part of the design set and it's performance is biased.

Data = Design + Test
Design = Train + Val
Nondesign = Test

Hope this helps,