Topic: AP Calculus Question
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 25, 2013 12:12 PM

Evan Romer

Re: AP Calculus Question

We allow students to double up in Precalc and AP Calc (with teacher
recommendation). We have 1 to 3 do this each year. Only in rare cases
(twice in 18 years?) have we allowed students to skip Precalc (for
example, can't fit Precalc into their schedule AND he or she is a very
able student). Even doubling up, they have gaps, and as the AP teacher
every so often I have to tell the doubler(s) they need to come in to
learn a topic they haven't seen yet -- and as students, they have to
be willing to come in for help when needed, even when there isn't a
clear-cut gap but they feel they're not getting something.

Evan Romer
Susquehanna Valley HS
Conklin NY

*