Topic: Decision whether point lies within closed contour
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 16, 2013 4:45 AM

Sseziwa Mukasa

Re: Decision whether point lies within closed contour

An algorithm exists, see point in polygon on Wikipedia, but is not one of the built in functions as far as I know.

Daniel Lichtblau has a implementation of ray casting here: http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Feb/msg00519.html

Regards,
Sseziwa